Monday, November 22, 2010

2 for 1!


This dress was a no brainer for me. I knew the botom half could be made into a skirt, and the top half just took me awhile to decide on.
It was a silky fabric with big shoulder pads. The skirt had pleats in it and that's what made me want this dress- I knew it could be made into a nice skirt:

Here's a close up to see the pleats:


That was the easy part. The top took me awhile to figure out what to do with it- it had a cowl neck so I made it into a business-y shirt that would go well under a blazer:


I couldn't figure out how to make it less billowy in the front without ruining the whole thing so I left it like that.

Total cost: $1 (for two outfits!)

3 comments:

  1. Very cute transformations. How dd you make it a halter neckline?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original shirt already had a kind of cowl neck collar, so I just cut out the sleeves and part of the front and back of the shirt to make it into a halter- easy enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute and I love how you were able to make a shirt and a skirt out of it.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete