Monday, November 22, 2010

A Banana Republic Mistake

As the title says, this beauty was originally made by Banana Republic:

It has buttons going all the way down the front and a collar. I liked the flowers on the dress so that was what drew me to it. This one took a bit of work actually, but here's the final product! Front view:


I ended up turning the dress backwards and working on it. I shortened it, gave it a v-neck, and scrunched the straps. I like the back part of this dress:
The buttons are going down the back- Miss mary mack mack mack.... anyways... I took out the collar so that I could give the back a deep V. Paired with my trusty black belt and some black pumps, I liked the finished outfit.

Total cost: $3

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through NDAD!!! I too was inspired by Marissa to start my own recreations and later a blog. I am way beyond impressed with your designs! All of them are so adorable i wanna wear them too!!! Check out my blog!

    http://thegirlintheheartglasses.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete