Monday, November 29, 2010

Front- to- Back

When I saw this dress, I knew I wanted to turn the dress around and make the front, the back:

Here's a close up of the lace after I removed the fabric that was sewn behind it:

I had a plan that the front, the section with the lace, would make a pretty back of the dress since it went too low to go in front.

After I made it, I realized that the front of the dress needed something to jazz it up, so I made a silk peach flower to pin on:

After shortening it, removing the sleeves, taking it in, and changing the front of the dress by adding the v neck and cinching the straps, here is the final product:

And the back with the lace:

Total cost: $1.50


  1. You did another good job Yexi and the flower is cute too!

  2. What a great transformation!!! Love it...

    I'm also a fan of Marissa of New Dress A Day. I'm currently collecting old dresses right now. But I honestly do not know what do with it because I do not know how to use sewing machine. LOL... Maybe I'll use the dying technique of Marissa of some of the white dresses.

  3. OMG, thank you so much for commenting on my blog because now I can start following yours!! I am/was a huge fan of New Dress A Day and I cannot wait to see what you come up with!

  4. Thanks for the comment and Marisa would be proud of what you're doing too! These all look great. I see you like the pinch & cinch!
    Stay Tuned...

  5. Looks like you're having a lot of fun doing this! Thanks for stopping by - hope to "see" you again soon!