Monday, November 22, 2010

My First Attempt at Tailoring

As I started getting more into fixing up thrift store dresses, I got a lot of requests from friends to create an outfit for them. Since my awesome friend Ellie was getting dragged to thrift stores a lot with me (I take forever when looking around), she picked herself out a dress and I got to work on it!






It was too big and had some weird pockets with metal attachments on the front, which made it look more like an apron rather than a cute dress. So I took it in, took off the pockets, and then fitted the straps and other areas of the dress to her. Final product.....





Now it's a nice business attire dress! I was excited that I got to try and make something for her, and also that she trusted me with it!

1 comment:

  1. This came out really nice for your first attempt! But what does Ellie think about it?....

    ReplyDelete